We’re Here to HelpMaking the decision to get help can be difficult, and we understand this. That’s why we make our admissions process as easy as possible. Our admissions staff have spoken to thousands of individuals and are happy to answer any questions that you might have about our program.
- Confidential Assessment: Speak with one of our admissions specialists so that we may get a better understanding of what you or your loved one are struggling with.
- Insurance Verification: Our insurance verification only takes a few moments. We accept AIHP (American Indian Health Plan) AHCCCS Medicaid insurance and private pay.
- Schedule Intake: Once you or your loved one feel comfortable with our program and are ready to admit to treatment, we will either schedule an arrival time at our clinic or set up transportation to pick up the individual and escort them to treatment.
In our experience, many who seek treatment often find themselves burdened by finding a means of transportation to rehab. This obstacle should never stand in the way of anyone’s desire to get help. As such, our facility provides 24/7 transportation services to those who may need it.
If you find yourself in need of transportation to Sunrise, our reliable and discrete services may be for you. Once you have completed the phone assessment with our Admissions Coordinators, we will have someone at your location as quickly as possible, ensuring your safe arrival to Sunrise.
If you find yourself in need of transportation to Sunrise Native Recovery, our fast and reliable transportation service is available to you. Once the admissions phone call is completed, we will have our transport at your location as quickly as possible, ensuring your safe arrival to our program.
To find out more about our admissions and transportation services, please contact us at (866) 488-1854.
What to Bring to Treatment
- Clothes for Approximately 7 – 10 days. Storage space is limited so please do not bring an excessive amount of clothing
- Fitness/workout clothes
- Jackets and/or sweaters for cold weather and air-conditioned group room
- Personal toiletry items, including toothbrush, toothpaste. shavers, brushes, hair products, skin care items, sunscreen, hairspray, gel, etc. (all toiletry items MUST BE alcohol free)
- If you smoke and are planning on bringing cigarettes they must be in a sealed box
- Phone numbers and address of any family or friends that you would like to be involved in your treatment
- Any prescription medication that is prescribed to the client MUST have the original label from the pharmacy on the bottle
- The names, address and contact information of any health care professional that is currently involved in your treatment
- Driver’s license, passport, or state issued photo ID
Frequently Asked Questions
We admit adults over the age of 18 who meet criteria for a substance use disorder and has AIHP insurance. We do accept guests who have been court-referred by law enforcement.
- Casual, Comfortable Clothes: Our atmosphere is casual and comfortable.
- Personal Hygiene Items: Pack your toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, and shampoo, etc.
- Prescription Medications: Pack your medications (in the original bottle with doctor prescribed protocol).
- Small Free Time Activities: We have many opportunities for you to exercise and get to know others in recovery, but feel free to pack a good book or some small games.
Sunrise Native Recovery runs a three and six month treatment program.
A family’s role in addiction treatment is often essential to your long-term recovery. Having a support network provides many benefits for addiction recovery. Visitation arrangements are typically be made through communication with your therapist. Family therapy sessions allow family members to come to the facility and participate in counseling with you.
Personal computers and cell phones are typically not permitted during treatment. However, your therapist will coordinate the use of electronic equipment during your treatment stay.